To start off with, it is important that you know what causes wrinkles and fine lines to prevent them. Wrinkles begin when the collagen beneath the skin starts breaking down and what causes them are stress, smoking, facial expressions, exposure to sun and UV rays, poor diet and less hydration and also genetics.
- Stress – Stress releases a hormone that is known as Cortisol which breaks down the collagen beneath the skin layer.
- Smoking – Smoking is not only harmful to your health but also for the skin. It narrows the blood vessels that are present in the epidermis, the outermost layer of the skin. This has an adverse impact on the blood flow of the skin which leads to dryness and wrinkles.
- Facial expressions – Excessive facial expressions not only give rise to wrinkles and fine lines but also premature aging. What happens is quite scientific – the facial muscles tend to remember these movements. Over a period of time, the lines form into wrinkles which become quite prominent if not noticed.
- Exposure to the sun and UV rays – As much as absorption of Vitamin D is pivotal for the human body, it is also significant that you do not keep yourself out in the sun for long. Keep yourself moisturized while out in the sun which will act as a shield to the harmful rays.
- Poor diet and less hydration – Absence of nutrients in your diet and liquids are other sources of wrinkle development. Include few anti-aging foods and fruits in your diet and remember to drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated.
- Genetics – Genetics also dictates the condition of your skin and how sooner or later it is going to age. It is genetics which checks the capability of the skin generating elastin and collagen. Both these fight against wrinkle formation on your skin.
To keep your skin wrinkle-free start adding antioxidants to your diet which protect the skin from free radicals. Fruits such as berries, artichokes, and cherries are rich in antioxidants, while oily fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acid content is also an antioxidant. Keep yourself hydrated with either plain water or coconut water and use good quality anti-wrinkle creams and moisturizers. They rejuvenate and repair the skin overnight while you are getting your beauty sleep which is another important factor. If you are stressed out, understand the reason and start meditating to help you through it. You can also include yoga in your daily exercise routine to bring in the glow from within.